Terms & Conditions
“The Company” is Planet Kids Party Hire.
“The Customer” is any individual, company or organisation to which Planet Kids Party Hire is contracted to supply goods and/or services.
“The contract” is any written or verbal agreement between the customer and Planet Kids Party Hire for the latter to provide goods and/or services.
“Goods” are any items that are the subject of any contract between Planet Kids Party Hire and the customer.
1. Hire goods remain the property of the company at all times.
2. During the continuance of the hire period, which shall commence from time of delivery and end when the goods are recollected from site, the customer shall be responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of the goods in good and substantial repair and condition.
3. Any damage caused to hired goods, beyond reasonable wear and tear, will be the responsibility of the customer. Any repair work necessary as a result will be chargeable.
4. In the event of the total loss, or irreparable damage, of any hire goods for any reason whatsoever, the customer shall be responsible to the company for the full value of such goods plus the hire charge. It is the customer’s responsibility to insure against such risk. The period of hire ends only when the Company has accepted each item comprised in the requisition in writing.
5. The customer is liable for all losses and damages to the hire stock, and if a holding deposit has been placed, the company reserves the right to deduct the chargeable amount accordingly
6. The company will make every endeavor to deliver and collect the hire furniture at the time indicated by the Customer, but will not be liable for any loss (including indirect contingent or consequential loss) damage costs claims or expenses incurred should any delay or delivery failure due to circumstances beyond its control including but not limited transportation disputes or shortages of labour. The company will also endeavor to make delivery and collection of hired goods at the times requested by the customer but will not under any circumstances accept liability for any delays or failure to deliver or collect, nor for any expense caused to the customer by such delay, due to extenuating circumstances beyond our control some to include (road accidents and terrorist attacks).
7. It is company policy to obtain a minimum of 50% holding deposit per order for new customers.
8. The company reserves the right to deduct sums owed from the holding deposit, including but not limited to parking fines, extension and any unpaid sales invoices.
9. The company reserves the right to substitute alternative goods subject to availability without prior notice.
10. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company (in writing) when hired goods are ready for collection. The hire period will not end until such collection is affected.
11. Acceptance of this quotation becomes an order and is thus subject to a cancellation fee as shown:
12. All hire charges quoted are per day and no reductions or refunds will be made after the commencement of the chargeable period. Any agreed refund owed to the Customer shall be reimbursed within 14 days.
For all orders a minimum of 50% prepayment of the total invoice amount will be required to secure the stock for your order. Full settlement of the contract must be completed 7 days prior to delivery or paid in full at the point of order if the event is less than 7 days away *
Any reductions to the stock in the hire contract can be made at no additional charge if notified in writing more than 14 days prior to delivery date.
Where a cancellation fee is applicable, the cancellation invoice must be settled within 7 days of issue. Cancellation of contract must be notified in writing more than 7 days prior to delivery date.
13. It is the duty of the Customer to provide, at the site of hire, a duly authorised representative to sign a written confirmation of the items returned to the Company on termination of hire. If the Customer fails to provide for this the Customer will not be permitted to dispute subsequently the number and/or condition of the goods returned to/collected by the Company on termination of hire.
14. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that adequate access is provided to the company both upon delivery and upon collection of hired goods, and to ensure that such goods are available for collection at the appointed time. It is the duty of the Customer to provide a duly authorised representative at the site to accept the Hire Furniture and to give a written receipt of their safe delivery and shall be precluded from disputing delivery of the hire furniture in good condition and the Customer will be deemed to have accepted the delivery and these conditions.
15. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform the company of a suitable parking area for deliveries and collections in order to minimise the risk of parking penalties being issued. In this event – penalty notice costs will be passed on to the customer.
16. If any items of hire furniture are not returned by the Customer to the Company at the end of the previously agreed hire period, the Company reserves the right to make a written demand for and the Customer shall pay a compensation payment which is equal to the current replacement retail value of the furniture which has not been returned.
17. Any delays caused to the company upon delivery and/or collection and any additional journeys that may result will be subject to additional charges.
18. The Company does not accept any liability for any damage or injury to goods or persons caused by the misuse of the hire furniture.
19. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that all hired electrical goods are connected to the correct power lines.
20. Without prejudice to any of its rights the Company may terminate or suspend the hire of furniture to the Customer without notice and recover possessions of the hire furniture if the Customers: a)is in breach of any of the provisions of these terms and conditions, or b) presents or allows to be present an application for an interim order or a petition for bankruptcy within the meaning of the Insolvency Act 1986 or allowing a levy against the Customer of any distress execution, or c) the Customer enters into or attempts to enter into a composition with creditors or goes into liquidation, or d) a receiver or administrator is appointed in respect of the Customer’s assets or any of them or a meeting whether formal or informal is called of Customer’s creditors.
21. Any waiver by the Company of any breach by the Customer of these terms and conditions is limited to the particular event. No delay to act on a particular breach by the Company shall be deemed to be a waiver.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed and constructed and shall take effect in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.
23. These terms and conditions govern the hire furniture to the exclusion of any other oral or written agreement. No notification of these terms and conditions shall be effective without the prior written consent of the Company.
24. Instructions of the Customer (different from those on the requisition) cannot be carried out, unless given in writing to the Company 14 days prior to action required and accepted by the Company in writing.
25. The Company is only hiring out goods and will under no circumstances sell any items to the Customer.
26. Transport is negotiable according to the venue. The Company reserves the right to alter ranges, specification and prices of any products offered for hire in its catalogue and all are offered for hire subject to availability and the company shall not be bound by any order placed by the Customer until it has notified the Customer in writing of its acceptance.
27. Full payment of the agreed price/contract must be paid in full with cleared funds, before goods will leave our premises, failure to adhere to these terms may result in delay of delivery. This also applies to extension of hire; failure to adhere to this will result in collection of goods.
28. All dimensions quoted are an approximate.
29. Any complaints that may arise must be reported in writing while our transport teams are on site, or within 12 hours of delivery.
30. Payment in part or in full of any contract to supply goods/or services herein referred to shall be deemed to mean acceptance in full of these terms and conditions.
31. These terms and conditions can only be changed with the written approval of a director of the company. The Terms and conditions can only be changed by the company and with written approval.
32. Quotations are valid for thirty days. Prices (excluding VAT) will be honoured during this period. Beyond this period, the prices and items available are liable to change.
33, Where applicable, a signed quotation must be received before an order is raised.
35. No employee of the company, whilst in the course of his or her duties, shall be held separately responsible under any circumstances whatsoever for any liability for loss, damage or other default outside his or her reasonable control.
34. The Company charges a non-refundable slight damage waiver of 3% on all orders. This covers general cleaning and wear and tear. This does not cover any missing or damaged furniture, in this event the Customer is liable for the full replacement cost
35. Shortages and damages to hired linen will be charged at the full replacement value. No substitute items will be accepted as replacement by the owner. Damages include items that have sustained burns and scorches, cuts and rips, defacement, ink marks, earth or concrete stains and candle wax. All linen must be returned in the original bags or boxes provided and in a dry state.